Friday, August 28, 2015

2 flights 4 hours air time at Rampart and Black Mountain (near Maple Falls,Wash)



Aug 26th 2015
Rampart (Snoqualmie Pass. Wash)
6000ft MSL
3 hrs flight

Rampart worked well yesterday. There were one para and four hangs flew (Travis, Ron B, Alfredo and myself). The paraglider went up early (launched at 12:30pm) , took an extended sledder. Hangs group arrived launch at 1:30pm,  I was first off the air at 2:30pm and had a 3 hours of really fun air time , others hangs also flew for 2+ hours. Top of lift was over the Cliff wall at 6,000'. 

I thinks most likely we are going to fly Black today.  I'm meeting up with two hang pilots at the Maple Falls Shell Gas Station around 11:00am. We will stop by the LZ before headed up to launch. 

Aug 27th 2015
Black Mountain (Maple Falls,Wash)
1 hour
1500ft over launch (5000ft AGL/ 750ft MSL at LZ )  

There was a few hours window today at Black Mountain when it was soarable before it shut down.   We arrived top launch at 2:00pm and found almost zero wind. We all launched around the same time in really light cycles. Konrad , Shawn and Travis launched before me and they climbed quickly above launch.  It was a bit rowdy and not much good lifts once you away from the ridge. I feel very lucky to have managed a flight for more than one hour and got at least 1500 feet over launch few times (I think is about 5000 AGL). Travis, Konrad and myself landed at the campsite main LZ and Shawn landed at the big field by the road.  When I landed around 4:30pm the wind socks in both LZ were hanging straight down.  Almost no wind. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment