Friday, September 4, 2015

1 hr 20 mins (2 flights) at Kilchis (Tillamook, Oregon)



Video coming soon!

Sep 3rd 2015 Kilchis (Tillamook, Oregon) flight report:

Today I went flying with Ray, Kory and Mark at Kilchis with no paragliders in sight. There was a few showers around noon. The winds were pretty light at the LZ/launch for the whole afternoon with overcast skies. I launched first around 3 pm and scratched for a while just to maintain 100 to 200 ft over launch elevation. There was enough bubbles above Kilchis launch to keep us up boating around a few hundred feet above launch all day. I got bored at the same spot, then headed out to Sugar Hill hoping to find better thermals. Unfortunately, rain came when I arrived Sugar and I didn't feel any lifts either so I landed. The other guys stayed close to Kilchis launch for a while and had a longer flight. Ray stay up for more then an hour and I think he got 800 ft over launch. I went up again for the 2nd flight with Mark and had a better thermal climb this time around, reaching 300ft over launch. Similar to the 1st flight with a bit of improvement, I was able to soar for 50 mins, with the first flight lasting about 25 mins.

Photos: 





No comments:

Post a Comment