Sunday, September 20, 2015

4 hrs /4flights at Bremer Ridge and Dog Mt on Sept 18-19, 2015



Friday (Sept 18th):
There were six pilots flew Bremer on Friday (3 hangs and 3 bags). Thanks again to PG pilot Kim for inviting me to fly Bremer and also thanks Dave Auman to letting us (3 hangs Travis , John Coyier and myself ) ) landed in his property (Area151). The flying was very good with plentiful XC opportunities at Bermer on Friday. The conditions at launch and LZ were really light from morning till 4:30pm (We left at 4:30pm). I launched at 1:40pm at the paraglider launch the first time so it feel like flying a new site to me. There were some beautiful little cumies clouds above launch providing thermals however I had to worked really hard to gain altitude in the beginning. I was struggled few hundred feet below launch for a while then hooked a nice thermal on the east side of the ridge. I flew for 1 hour and 40 minutes and topped 2000ft above launch (4200 AGL/ 5000 MSL). Once I got above launch the rides up to the cloud base were pretty easy and smooth.

Satuarday (Sept 19th):
I flew Bremer again with five hangs (Aaron R, Gary B, Kurt H, Ron B, John C) . Although mostly overcast with light west wind conditions, there was still a good amount of thermals allowing us to soar. I launched first and encounter some broken thermals mixed in with the good ridge lifts above launch. I boated back and forth few hundred ft over launch for a while , then headed to the east ridge and found consistent thermals. The top of the lift was about 900ft over in mostly smooth air. Gary and John came join me later and sometime they outclimbed me was even higher. After more than one hour of air time I decided to land so I have time to catch one more flight at Dog. Thanks a lot to John C going back up for retrieved.
Dog was really light but there was a lot of small tiny bubbles just enough for me and Brent (PG pilot) to maintain between 500-600 feet above LZ for another one hour flight.



Click to the below link for more information of Bremer

No comments:

Post a Comment