Saturday, April 11, 2015

1 flight 3 hrs / Another Epic day at Oceanside 04-11-15

Today was the first time I've flown in WNW conditions at Oceanside. I reached 2000ft AGL and very pleasantly with how the day turned out after all the morning drive between CLO & TDM sites.

It was sunny the whole afternoon and conditions at launch were WNW about 5-10 mph (a bit cross from the right side) when I took off around12:00. There were moments during the day when the wind at launch straighten out, but the strong north wind was blowing consistently up above launch. I was having so much fun in the sweet thermic coastal conditions that I could have easily made several trips to Cape Meare , rocks and to the back ridge.... A few more hangs showed up a couple of hrs later. I landed around 3:30pm (3 hours and 10 mins air time) and left Oceanside at 4:45pm because I needed to get back to Portland for dinner at 7:00pm. I didn't see any paragliders fly Oceanside today. The wind did dropped down more in the late afternoon, so I hope our PG friends got some great flights at either TDM or CLO.

No comments:

Post a Comment