Thursday, October 22, 2015

1.5 hrs at Bingen on Oct 21,15



Bingen was awesome today. Three hangs (Mark R, Enrique and myself ) were patiently waiting for almost 3 hrs at launch until the nicely west wind finally arrived at 4:15pm. It was about 2-5 mph between this morning to 3:30pm so most of the paragliders flew during that time. The wind were pickup to 10-15mph around 4:15pm and it get even more stronger until after sunset. We launch around 4:15pm and all got above launch quickly. Enrique and I keep gaining more altitude by going back and forth the ridge. About 20 mins later we were at 1,000 ft above launch, 45 mins later we got almost 2,000 ft above and we flew a across the river to the Oregon site. The wind were getting much stronger and I notice that there were a lot of white capes on the river. So I decided to go for landing after 1.5 hrs of air times. The LZ condition was really windy and gusty (approx 20 to 30mph WSW wind) when I landed. It was definitely a roller coaster conditions and I will post video later. Enrique landed 20 mins after me and it got even more gusty. Fortunately he landed ok. What a beautiful day at Bingen and congratulation Mark got his first flight out of Bingen! Also, specially thanks to two nice paragliders Eric Miller and Ondrej who help Mark carry his hang glider to west launch.











No comments:

Post a Comment