Tuesday, October 13, 2015

2 hrs/ 4flights at Bremer and Dog Oct 11-12, 2015

Photo By Jeff Lemon 













Buddy Carroll may be gone, but he is far from forgotten. We had a good memorial over the weekend at Dog. David (Buddy brother) had a nice bench at the Dog launch to pay tribute to Buddy.

Although, the flying condition wasn't great on Sunday, I was still able to take an extended sled ride to test fly my glider with a new sail at Bremer in very calm smooth air condition. The perfect condition for first flight of a glider with a new sail. I went to Dog after Bremer for Buddy's memorial. It was also no wind at Dog so nobody flew except for those wing have a power. Larry J and Russ G who had their plane skim close to the ground chasing each other. Chuck demonstrated some very interesting launch and landing approach with his trike to entertain the spectators. It was quite an exciting evening.

On Monday, my original plan was to go fly Bremer with Kim but other hangs prefer Dog so we flew Dog instead. We (Enrique, Rick Weber and PG Kim) started early sledder so I had a total of 3 flights; the 3rd flight I flew for 1.5 hrs with Kim and Alan. 

My first flight with the new sail on Oct 11th, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment