Tuesday, June 5, 2018

1.5 hour Oceanside Jun 5th, 2018

Flying sites in Pacific NorthWest: 
Where to learn Hang Gliding in Pacific Northwest: 

Oceanside was good today.  There were only 2 hangs (Ray and myself) and 1 bag (Laren H) out to enjoy the abundant ridge lift day. Ray and I aunched around 12:30 in SSW 13-15mph winds. I flew for 1.5 hour testing out a new harrness, reaching 900ft. Ray went to the back bowl got higher. The windspeed gradually decreasing and turned more WSW after 4pm.


Ray Berger report: Good flying with Rick today and he is getting good at carrying my Atos up from the beach after my slow whack landing. He also hiked up to launch 2 times, so he is amazing just for that. 
I managed almost 3 hours , able to go to back bowl but when I went to Happy Camp and out to Rock I could not maintain. Almost 1500 ft. max. 
Rick stayed above The Capes for long time before landing back at Oceanside. Beautiful sunny day and got to see Lauren the paraglider pilot negotiate a way to get out from beach below launch to the north but not as far as Lost Boy beach. Don't land there with a hang glider as there is no way up, just a hike on the big rock if you have enough room,  which he barely did. Excellent save by Lauren as he seemed to be headed for the water until he freed up his brake on one side. Ray

 Photos from today:












2 comments:

  1. WOW! Great pics. Met the group on Tiger the other day. New guy from Canada. Where were you? Looks close to Cape Kiwanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Don, I live in Portland. Fly Tiger Mt sometime too. Oceanside is about 10 miles north of Cape Lookout and approx 25 miles north of Cape Kiwanda.

      Delete