Sunday, May 19, 2019

2 flights Oceanside and Cape Lookout 3 hours 5/19/19

Flying sites in Pacific NorthWest:
Where to learn Hang Gliding in Pacific Northwest:

 Two flights today.
1st- Oceanside: sledder at 12pm
2nd- CLO: 2.5 hour (3-5:30pm)
High tide at 2:30pm but no beach for hangs to land between 12:30 to 3:00pm at both sites.
It was very light (5 mph or less at launch) and a bit cross (WNW) at Oceanside this morning. It turned even more north after 12:30. I think only 3pgs and myself flew and everyone had a sledder.. The landing condition was quite challenging due to cross WNW wind and with narrow limited dry beach plus a lot of people. I'll post video later.
Afterwards, l headed to CLO and it was really light (5mph or less at launch) also but good NW direction. I launched at 3pm after 4 pgs that showed me it's on. I counted 17-20 pgs in the air at the same time. I was the only hangs today. My max altitude was 1500ft. It was too cold so I decided to landed.




















































































No comments:

Post a Comment