Saturday, August 12, 2017

2 and 1/4 hrs flight at Dog Mt (Glenoma, WA) 8/11/17 Friday

The wind flow was strong but the air still very hazy and smokey
 










Dog was good tonight.  I flew for over 2 hrs from 5:20 to 7:45pm. I launched 30mins after Pg Kim and we were only getting 200-300ft above launch during the first hour. I went to the back bowl and reached 450ft above launch. Strong west and NW winds so the first part of the north ridge was working later too.  It got much better after 6pm when Kim already landed. I went to Elk and got more than an hour Elk session all by myself.  I probably launch after 5pm tomorrow (Sat)  too. My phone won't work at Dog or Morton. Using WiFi for email only.  

 FYI: There were big group of camper came late evening and setup 3-4 big  tents on our parking area. It looks like more are coming tonight or tomorrow (photos enclosed). Better land short this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment