Tuesday, February 9, 2016

2 flight 3 hrs at Cliffside 2/8/16

The flying condition today was a repeat of yesterday, except with better ridge lifts & a bit stronger thermal activity. The highest I got was about 1500ft AGL (LZ by the river). It seemed like more people skipped work today to fly Cliffside. We had 4 hangs (Kory, Stas, Robin and myself) and maybe 15 paras (or more?) that showed up today and all of us had a great flights. I didn't have to hike up today (Thanks for Kory and Stas), so had the extra time to do a couple flights. I flew this morning with Stas and a few bags. I was up for 30 mins on the first flight then 2.5 hrs (from 2:30 to 5:00pm) on the second flight. The wind was about 3-6mph at launch in the morning then it picked up to 10-15mph in the afternoon. Thanks to John Benedict who helped in driving our vehicle down. Robin and Stas is spending a night at Cliffside to fly again tomorrow. 
Video link:

No comments:

Post a Comment