Thursday, February 4, 2016

2 flights 2 hrs air time at Lower Peterson 2/4/16

Gabe, Peter (from Corvallis) and I had great flights at Lower Peterson's today. I arrived launch at 10:00am alone and the winds were out of the south blowing 15-20mph with sunny skies. It was in perfect soaring condition, but since I had to follow the Peterson's rule of, "No Flying Alone" I watched a movie in my car while waiting for Gabe's arrival. I started to set up around 12pm. The conditions remained the same with birds soaring above launch. Gabe and Peter showed up at 12:30pm so I launched. The conditions then got a bit strong at launch (20-25 mph), but I was able to managed without wire assistance. I climbed 1,500ft above lower launch quickly to the upper launch towers with the air being smooth like flying at the coast. I flew for almost 2 hrs and decided to top land. Peter and Gabe top landed shortly after me. It was about 20 mph winds when the 3 of us landed on top. After we took a break, the winds starting to die down to 10-13mph. It was a great day!

Video link:





No comments:

Post a Comment