Friday, February 12, 2016

40 mins flights at Oceanside 2/12/16

Seeing all the rain cells moved away from Oceanside toward inland this morning around 9:30 am, I've decided to stick with the plans of doing some early morning flying at Oceanside, then heading over to Lincoln City's skatepark for some skateboarding session. It was pouring rain at Clackamas when I departed at 9:30am all the way to Tillamook. I arrived Oside at 11:35 am, meeting up with Eric T & Mike C (paras) finding no rain at the time. However, there was a blanket of heavy fog covering up the whole city of Oside. The wind direction was WSW 5-8mph at the parking lot and there was only a tiny beach further down south left for landing due to the14ft high waves. The high tides was coming at 3:00pm and with zero visibility, it just didn't look good at all. .... I went up to launch and set up anyways, hoping that the fog will eventually dissipate. It did clear off at 12:45, so I punched of on the south side in about 10-15 mph wind and I climbed straight up immediately. It appeared kind of windy up on top, so bags decided to pass on launching. It turned out I had one of those effortless smooth air soaring Oceanside flight and topped out 500ft above launch. During my flight, the fog was getting heavy again and beach disappeared quickly too. This led me to land
after 40 mins of air time. Thanks to Eric T , who gave me a ride back to launch for retrieve. Mike C and Eric T headed down to TDM and I left for Lincoln City's skatepark at 2:15pm. I'm skating now and hopefully won't break any bones to end my day.

Video Link: (The landing part is exciting) 
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment