Saturday, February 13, 2016

40 mins flight at Peterson 2/13/16

Rick Weber (another hang pilot) and I (Rick Lai) was hang waiting at the Peterson upper launch (Lebanon, OR) for a couple of hrs this morning waiting for the clouds to burn off , as you can see from the video. The wind condition at the upper launch was much lighter than we expected. It was only blowing 3-5 mph when we were ready to launch. It was almost zero wind at the Rocky farm LZ. Rick W launched 5 mins before me and flew for 45 mins.

Mark Rabe (hang pilot) showed up at the lower launch about 20 mins after Chris Pugmire left (probably around 3:30pm). It looked really soarable (15-20mph) and I was tempted to go up with Mark to get another flight. However, the sky looked really grey and I was afraid to pack up the glider in the rain, so I decided to not join Mark. Mark had 50-100ft over launch for about half an hour by himself and then rain came right after he landed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report from Chris:
And it did blow off Rick and Rick took off and then me 10 min later. I could not bench up because it had to much east to it so I stayed above the lower screwing off for 50 mins. Following me was Kory and then Gabe. When I left I don't know what happened so you guys tell me. It was stronger and really SW on my drive to lunch in Albany at 3 anyone get more before the rain?
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video from today




No comments:

Post a Comment