Tuesday, February 2, 2016

3 flights 1.5 hrs air time at Chehalem (Newberg, OR) 2/2/16

Chehalem was soarable. The winds produced plenty of ridge lifts for Greg, Brian, Mark S, Vince (paragliders) and myself  to maintain 300-500ft above launch. The winds were more on the light side at launch in the earlier afternoon (approx less than 5 mph). There was a lot of strong east components on it. Although I was able to get above launch but just not fun soaring into those funky and rowdy east airs. So my flight was short and landed at the bottom para LZ. Headed back up around 3:00pm and the launch condition got stronger (12-15mph) so I decided to fly again. Still have a lot of strong east but I flew for an hour and landed around 4:30pm at Johnson's Ranch (hang LZ) with almost zero wind at the LZ. It was still blowing very good at launch when I went back up to retrieved my car around 5:00pm. Thanks for Mark Sanzone driving for me.


Video Link: 





No comments:

Post a Comment