Saturday, May 21, 2016

2 flights 2.5 hrs at Oceanside, OR 5/21/16

Oceanside Saturday 5/21/16

1st flight.
I had almost 2 hrs flight (from 12 to 1:45pm) at Oceanside. It was really smooth with big lifts band. Topped almost 600ft above launch. High tides at 2pm and still have beach for landing. A lot of paras here. I'm the only hang so far.

2nd flight
I went back up around 2:30pm for my 2nd flight after lunch. The wind condition was good during my time of setting up. A few paras had a hard time launching due to the strong SSW winds (approx 10-13mph); however, by the time I was ready to launch, it got weaker and lighter (dropped to 5-8 mph). Although the condition was not as good as earlier, the paras and I was still able to climbed 300 ft above launch. The air was so buoyant with no sinky air along the ridge. I flew for 40 mins before the squall came, causing the wind to shut down and forcing everyone to land. There was zero wind at the beach when I landed.  It stayed sledder conditions for about 45 mins and then the soarable conditions turned back on again around 6pm and 4-6 paras was above launch, as I was about to leave.

Video link: 



No comments:

Post a Comment