Monday, May 9, 2016

2 flights (3 hrs) at Cape Lookout 5/8/16

First flight 11:45am to 1:00pm
I launched right after Mark Sanzone and flew for hour and 15 mins. Got to 2,000ft MSL. The gain was really slow with no sink. The winds and lifts was getting weaker and lighter. Almost no wind at the beach and high tide is coming fast too. Neil C launched 30 mins after me and he I think flew for couple hrs. The winds was also really light at launch when we took off.

Second flight 5pm to 7:15pm
My second flight was awesome too. I launched at 5pm and flew till 7:15pm. Max altitude 2,200 ft MSL after crossing the first gap. Since the north wind was a bit strong, so I didn't go to the end of the cape today. Two more hangs (Jeff and Jonathan) launched an hour later and enjoyed the magical smooth boaty air.

6.1ft high tides at 3:30pm with 10ft height surf which meaning there's no bailout LZ between 1:30 to 4:30pm at CLO.

Video (Two flight landing only):
 https://youtu.be/nYU_noxuN9k












photo by Jonathon Severdia 















No comments:

Post a Comment