Tuesday, May 24, 2016

2 hours flight at Cape Lookout 5/24/16

Three bags (Jim B , Mike C & Peter R) and two hangs (Ray B and myself) flew Cape Lookout today. It was sunny and warm with gentle light winds from the NNW without the "Thermal Block" effect, so everyone was able to get high and flew to the tip of the cape easily. I launched at 1:00pm (approx 3-8mph winds) right after Peter & Jim, with only smooth lifts (no sink) in the usual places. Just another amazing, really smooth friendly condition day for bags & hangs. I flew for over two hours with maximum altitude of 2,100 ft MSL. High tides at 4pm, however most beach from below launch all the way to the campsite was already under water around 2pm, so we had to land further north passed the campsite. I went back up to check out the launch at 4:45pm and condition was even better than earlier. I waited 30mins in hopes that someone would show up to fly with me. Unfortunately not, so I headed home. Otherwise, would've taken another flight. Great day!

Video link: 

No comments:

Post a Comment