Sunday, September 7, 2014

1 flight 2 hrs/ 1st flight at Rampart Ridge 09-07-14

Over the weekend(Sept 7,2014), I visited an incredible site known as Rampart Ridge which is near the city of Snoqualmie Pass, WA (1.5 hours drive east of Seattle). I joined a group of hang gliding friends and there I was able to experience yet another memorable flight. In my 2+hrs of soaring, I had the privilege of being surrounded by the magnificent scenery and cascades above the summits at 8,000 ft (2,500 meter) sea level. This place has got the most stunning view in Washington States. Getting an epic view and flight makes it all the worthwhile of the extra hrs of driving.
I ended it with a good landing, but it was not the case for a few pilots who had a bad whack due to the rotor turbulence from Mount Hyak on the west side of the landing field.


No comments:

Post a Comment