Sunday, October 19, 2014

Hang Gliding 1st flight at Bremer Ridge



Date Oct 19th 2014
Site: Bremer (near Morton, Washington)
AGL: 2300ft

We left Morton,WA airport around 11:00 headed up to Bremer. Larry and I launched in a approx 15mph SSE gusty cross winds around 2:30pm and I be able to climbed straight up to 300 ft over launch while Larry got 700ft over. The wind speed was producing turbulent conditions along Bremer ridge which made us feel uncomfortable so we both flew for about 30mins before heading to land. Once we were away from the launch (ridge), the air became butter smooth allowing us to make an easy no wind landing.

There were multiple launch spots and all doable for hangs. I think one of the launch was facing west. Others were faced South or SW if I'm correct. I hope we get to fly Bremer more before the road gets covered up by snow. Thanks again to Larry, Tina , Dave and Diana show me such a great thermal site !



















No comments:

Post a Comment