Friday, December 26, 2014

Bingen, WA 12-26-14

Had another great flight (not Epic) today at Bingen! It was just the 3 of us: Enrique, Nick (Paraglider) and I that flew. We arrived west launch at noon and see some favorable moments for launching (10-15 mph west). When I was ready to launched at 1:00 pm , it felt like the wind drop down below 8 mph. The whole flight had light ridge lifts mixed with a lot of light thermals. Smooth air during the whole flight again. I got 500 over launch after 30 mins later and flew for more than an hour. I had to land early, as I needed to give Nick and Enrique a ride up to retrieve their cars. Such a sweet flying site, I wish that more pilots could've joined. Even Enrique, at 68 yrs old hiked his hang glider /harness (80lbs) all the ways up to the west launch with me today,...which I think is pretty awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment