Friday, November 2, 2018

5 hrs air times at Area B 11/02/18

Flying sites in Pacific NorthWest:
Where to learn Hang Gliding in Pacific Northwest:
  
Area B report 2 of 2

I'd planned on flying Area B till sunset but after 6 hours ( from 8am- 2pm, excluding 9 am ) of continuous flying ( w/a small snack break) my body started feeling achy and stiff, so I've decided to call it a day and head home early. The dunes were still soarable during my time of departure at 3:30 pm with wind speed of approx 8-11 mph on top of dunes all day, and near zero winds at the beach. Fortunately, there weren't any cross winds, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to soar.

Area B report 1 of 2
I arrived Fort Steven State Park at 7:30am and punched off at 9am, soaring back and forth the dunes till 12:30. Windspeed was less than 10 mph where I’d launched (Area A shallow dune) , but once I reached further north to the steeper dune area it was easy to maintain 80-100 ft. There was almost zero winds at the beach and plenty of space for landing even during high tide at 9:30 am. Also, a PG showed up around 11am at the Area B. I'll post pics and videos later. Lunch break now.



















Much lighter than forecast predicted  






No comments:

Post a Comment