Wednesday, March 20, 2019

12 flights 6 hrs 2 days Cliffside 3/18-19, 2019

Flying sites in Pacific NorthWest:
Where to learn Hang Gliding in Pacific Northwest:
 Video
 
 
 
 3/18/2019
It  was good but not epic. 8 hangs (Neil, Kory, Ray, Rob, Nat, Luis, Carmela, myself) and dozen of PGs showed up. Ray Berger made it above the wind turbines few miles down and my maximum altitude was about 3,200ft. There were a lot of strong thermals during mid afternoon. I flew 4 times, two landed on top and two landed by the river. Thanks Luis Ramos for driving.

3/19/2019
There was 5 HGs (Carmela, Scott C, Luis, Tim B, myself) and about 8 to 10 PGs who came out to fly Cliffside today. Conditions were similar to yesterday but with more east winds and on/off stronger thermal cycles at launch. Lifts became more consistent and smooth after 4pm.  I top landed my first 5-7 flights and landed by the river on the final one. Won't be flying tomorrow, but Carmela, Scott C,  may stick around for another day. Luis will post some videos and pics from today on his FB later. 






















 

No comments:

Post a Comment