Friday, May 15, 2015

2 flights 2.5hrs / Cape Lookout 2nd flight on May14th 2015

Ray Berger above me.






The conditions at Cape Lookout were looking pretty good yesterday when I arrived at 11am, with beautiful clear blue sky ,cumulus clouds and white capes all around the ocean, however the soaring conditions were not excellent in the early afternoon due to a lot of north componment (too cross from right) and light winds at launch, it wasn't quite as easy as it could have been. I took my first flight around 1:00pm and it was tricky to stay up, I managed climb up to 50-100ft above launch and it was struggled to find a decent lift band so I landed after 15 mins later. I went back up and took the second flight at 3:15pm (landed at 5:45 pm) and it was much better. During the 2.5 hours flight I found much better lifts after passed the gap. Topped out 1500ft with Ray and Greg. I went to bed at 3:00am last night so I better take a break for flying today. I will check forecast later and decide where to go this weekend. My memory card adopter is broken so i need to buy a need one today to view the gopro files from yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment