Monday, June 29, 2015

2 flights 2.5 hrs/ Weekend flights report Jun 28, 2015

Had some great flights at Glenoma, WA Dog Mt yesterday. (One sled ride /two soarable flights/ total of 2.5 hrs air time).

I arrived at Morton around 9:30am and found the skies overcast with the wind already honking some nice cool temperature. Headed up to launch, I was hoping to get some AM soaring flight with Stas and Shah around 11:00am, however the stormy conditions completely shut down when we arrived launch. Then it turned into being VERY hot and muggy weather with zero wind. I hiked up to launch and still didn't see any improvement, so we took a smooth sled ride down at 1:00pm. Alfredo and Mark Rabe also took a sledders around 2:00pm. Then we took turns to mow Dog Patch (as you can see from photos/ video that our primary landing field is 100% back now). Due to the heat wave, humidity, and zero wind conditions, no one seemed to be in the mood to fly except Mark Rabe and myself. As we headed up to launch for another sled ride, the wind finally arrived producing unlimited soaring condition for us all till sunset..... Shah came up again to join us and three of us had great soaring flights. After 1.5 hrs of air time (topped 600 ft above launch) and being able to cross the lake a few times in a strong head wind, I was pretty satisfied with the outcome of my day. I landed at 6 pm and packed up my gear setting to go home, when approached by Mark about doing another flight. It was hard to resist since we had a driver and the wind was lighter ....so I flew another 45 mins with Mark to end the day.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment