Sunday, July 26, 2015

4 flights 10 hrs in 3 days trip at Dog, Rampart and Blanchard.




Day 1 (07-23-15 Thursday)) at Dog Mt 
2 flights / 2 hrs per flight
  
It was another epic glass off evening condition flying over Elk Mt again. I landed around 9:00pm on the 2nd flight then had dinner around 10pm at Bucksnort with: Ray, Kory, Scott, Lisa, Dave, Dianna...... Left Morton really late and headed to Rampart around 11pm meet up with Alfredo, Colin and Shah next morning.

=================================

Day 2 (7-24-15 Friday) 
Rampart; air time 2 hrs 

4 hangs flew Rampart on July 24th(Friday).  I launched first at 2:30 pm and I thought it was going to be a sledder since it was overcast, plus the condition was really light (2-3 mph straight up wind) at launch. But once I airborne, it was pretty easy to find plenty of smooth thermals in front of launch and was able to reach 1000 ft above launch. Trips to Rampart cliff wall was easy too, we got higher over the first cliff wall. Alfredo and I got 2000 ft above launch (Approx 4000 ft above landing field). I made it to the second cliff wall and landed after 2 hrs later. LZ was rowdy due to the the strong NW wind, but we all had a nice easy touch down landing on the "carrier deck". Colin and I spent the night there and hoped for the conditions to cooperate for the following day. The rain didn't make it to Rampart, but there was overcast skies with 80% cloud covering all afternoon and cloud base was about 3000 ft above launch. 

=================================

Day 3 (7-25-15 Saturday) 
Blanchard ; air time 4 hrs 15 mins

I decided drive up to Blanchard (2 hrs from Rampart) after checked the morning forecast and it turned out I had a great time sharing the air with paras and hangs on my first flight at Blanchard. Thanks to Shawn for the site intro and also the property owner who allowed us to land there.  I love the spacious grassy landing field.  I launched at 1:15 pm (first hang to launch) in about 2-3 mph light cycles on the south launch. Got above launch after few pass and then just began to enjoyed the 4+ hours long flight in this beautiful site.  Never got tired of the gorgeous ocean scenery.  Most of the time my altitude was between 1500- 1800ft AGL/MSL until around 4 pm then Alfredo and I found more smooth thermals that took us to 2000 ft.  Here is the video of my first flight at Blanchard stating at 2 mins . 
=================================






Photos of Rampart granite cliff wall










Dog Mt evening flight over Riffe Lake 



Snack time


Rampart landing (Carrier Deck)


Blanchard south launch












Blanchard landing field



No comments:

Post a Comment