Friday, July 31, 2015

3 flights 11 hrs / 3 days awesome flights at Rampart (7-29 to 31, 2015)

Video and Photos are coming soon.....

Day 1 (July 29th,15 Wednesday)

Today flight definitely made my 3+ hrs drive up to Rampart worth it. I had another great flight at Rampart today with Jeff Beck, Colin R, Robin and Dave L. We all launched around 1:30pm in a   fairly light breeze. Lifts were everywhere and thermals got really soft in the late afternoon even at the LZ. It was easy to get 2000 ft over launch and soared the whole RP cliff wall. I hit 7k MSL couple times. I think Jeff and Dave got 9k. I landed at 5:45pm in a super smooth condition.  Got total of 4 hrs and 15 mins air time. What a beautiful day. 

Day 2 (July 30th,15 Thursday)
Another awesome thermic day at Rampart with Jeff Beck, Rich, Darren, Alfredo, Travis and myself (6 hangs) getting two to three hrs long flights. I flew from 3 to 6pm (3hrs) , last one to launched and last one to landed.  Each day the conditions was better than the previous. 

The highlight of my flight was seeing those three fighter jets passed through right below me in front of the hang launch (approx 300 to 500ft from me).  After that I decided it is time for me to landed. Another group of pilots and myself will be here tomorrow and Area 151 on the weekend. 

Day 3  (July 31st,15 Friday)
The day started out with stronger wind at launch (10-15 mph gusts) but later it mellowed out. No fighter jets at all only 9 hangs (Colin, Bryan, Jonas, Robin, Alfredo, Jimmy, Stas, Mark R, Enrique and myself) soared the friendly sky. I flew for almost 4hrs (3-6:50pm). The thermals are not as good as the last couple of days but was still pretty good. Still able to reach 2500ft over launch and easy trip to RP Cliff wall if you put some effort working it.  I'm on my way down to Area 151 right now (10:30pm) 


No comments:

Post a Comment