Friday, December 4, 2015

1 hrs and 10 mins Chehalem (Newberg ,Oregon) 12/4/15


Chehalem was on the strong side today so only 2 hangs flew (Mark R and myself). The average wind speed at launch was about 10-18mph from noon till 3:30pm. I waited almost 2 hrs till the clouds dissipate by 2pm. I launched at 2:15pm and immediately gained a few hundred ft above launch. I was able to climb 500 ft over in mostly smooth ridge lifts.  I flew for an hour and 15 mins and landed at the Johnson's Ranch (Big LZ). It was very calm when I landed at 3:25pm (2 mph South breeze). The wind at launch had backed down some, then drove Mark R up so he can take his first flight at Chehalem.  Mark launched at 3:45pm and he was able to soar a little bit before sunset and landed safely at the small PG LZ.  You can see Mark's launch at the end of my video here.









No comments:

Post a Comment