Saturday, December 5, 2015

Driver report 12/5/15




At Cliffside today, Mark R and I were the only hangs (people) that showed up. Although it was pouring rain from Portland through the Dalles this morning, but there was no rain and the clouds already burned off when we arrived Cliffside at 10:30am; the conditions was flyable & launchable with 0 wind. Since we didn't have a second retrieve vehicle or driver, I decided to drive for Mark so he can get some sledders in before the wind pick up. Because all forecasts said supposedly winds speed will reach ENE 15 to 20MPH in the afternoon.  However, the wind remained calm for the entire day, so it ended up with Mark having 5 sled rides, and I didn't fly. All his flights landing was by the river within 50 ft of the target, and pretty much he took off in either zero or light crossed NE wind and completely dead calm at the LZ. I was wondering what happen with the 15mph ENE winds?  I lend Mark my GoPro, so I'll be uploading his video and photos later. 








No comments:

Post a Comment