Saturday, June 25, 2016

2 hrs flight at Bingen, Washington 6/25/16



Today (6/25/16) was a good day at Bingen, Washington, conditions was light but thermic. Most of the paragliders (maybe 10 or more) launched before 1pm ended with short flights. They flew later and it turned more consistent and soarable, so everyone soared. Jim Baldo (Paraglider) found some good thermals and got really high; stayed up a long time and top landed once. Seattle hang glider pilot Colin (his first flight at Bingen) and myself were the only hangs today. We launched at 4pm, with my flight lasting over 2 hrs and 1.5+hrs for Colin. We both got above launch and crossed over the Columbia river to the Oregon side. I topped out 800ft above launch (3,100ft MSL). There were starting a lot of whitecaps and gusty winds at the LZ right after I landed. Paraglider Steve Carpentier launched around 6:30pm and the winds were much stronger than earlier. I saw him park and I tried to radio him but l think he turn off his radio. I left the LZ at 7:00pm and Steve was still in the air. It was an awesome day!

Landing video

Video link: 






Bingen information: 
Bingen is a hike up site located across from Hood River on the WA side. The LZ is by the river. I made a video few years ago  here-- > 


as you can see about 1/4 mile easy walk from the road to the south launch. For hang glider pilot , you need to have a kayak cart in order to get to the launch.  For more information you can click on the below link, Let me know if you can't open the pictures and video.

LZ address: E Columbia River Way, Cook, WA 98605

No comments:

Post a Comment