Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Lakeview Day one 6/28/16





Day 1 Tuesday 6/28/16

I left Portland at 6:00am and arrived Lakeview at 11:55.  I met up with Greg at the Safeway parking lot around 1:00pm and headed up to Black Cap launch (4 miles turn around) after stopping by Lake Country Chamber and both LZs (Base Camp Park & Huge field on the east side of Hwy 395 across Base Camp Park).

We launch around 3:00pm and had an extended sledder so we went back up for glass off. Unfortunately, there was no glass off today.  Greg launched first again and got another extended sledder. I was going to take off right after him but the winds turned more north (too cross from the right side) and it appeared to be sled ride so I decided not to fly.  I stay at Base Camp Park. They have special rate for pilots which only cost $10 including Wifi and shower.  Very convenient campsite. Can see the geyser from the campsite too.



No comments:

Post a Comment