Monday, August 29, 2016

Rampart 8/28 & 29 report (4 hrs air times in two flights)







8/29/16 Skateboarding session at North Bend skatepark. 


ko









I've encounter with fighter jets many times at Dog Mt (Glenoma) and Rampart (Snoqualmie Pass) , but this time I have my camera on and captured two jets flying in front of us. Too bad that Gopro don't have zoom in function. 

8/28/16 Sunday: 

I saw Paul's email about going to Rampart in the morning while on my way to Dog Mtn so I've decided to skip Dog and head straight to Rampart instead. 

There was 4 of us hangs (Paul, Glenn, Ron and myself) who flew. No paragliders. Stas came out to hang out and drive for us. The condition was light, overcast and too north with really weak thermals. I'd launched first at 3:15 maintained a few hundred ft above launch for the majority of the flight. I boated back and forth between the PG launch and south side of the Hang launch for an hour reaching at 700 ft above launch a few times however, I sank each time while heading north to the wall. Nobody made it to the first wall and my flight lasted for about an hour and 15 mins. 

8/29/16 Monday : 

The soaring condition was much better than yesterday. Light straight up cycles at launch similar to yesterday. I launched first at 3:15pm and got over 2.5 hrs flight. All of us (Robin, Travis, and l) made it to the 2nd wall. No paraglider again?? Robin and I reached 2K above launch over the first wall. The winds were quite strong at the LZ out the North whole day. There were no rotors at the LZ when we landed between 5-6pm , just strong north winds blowing about 15-25mph. All 3 of us had a good landing on Carrier Deck LZ.










No comments:

Post a Comment