Tuesday, September 6, 2016

4 flights 6 hrs air time from 3 days trip at Dog and Rampart

 Youtube link

Vimeo link: 






Sept 3, 2016 Sat Dog Mtn

The forecasts was pretty accurate today.  It was really light with 20% chance of rain.  There were nine hangs flew (Kenny, Bob, Tim, Travis, Stas , Larry, Tina, Justin and myself) and all had a short flights below launch except for Larry who launch late was able to stay up for an hour below launch on the NW side. One paraglider blew launch but he was okay.





Sept 4,2016 Sun Dog Mtn
It turned out much better than yesterday. I got up early to do the early session with JJ and Travis. We launched at 12:00 enjoyed a nice 2.5 hours flight. Travis and I went to the south bowl and found more consistant thermals. Topped out 600ft above launch. After lunch,  I got another hour plus flight around 5:00pm with Kory, Tina, Jeff H and few paragliders. A trip to Elk before landing. Great day.

Sept 5, 2016 Mondya Rampart
Truly spectacular.....  It turned out a very nice days with temps in the 50’s @ the LZ and 40's @ 6500ft MSL. Clouds ceiling was about 6500ft .  We had 6 hangs (Paul D, Dave L , Dave Best, Alfredo, Stas and myself) and 2 first time Rampart paraglider fliers (Kyoko and Casey) plus 2 great drivers (Chi and Bruce).

We left the LZ at 1:00pm. I got off first at 2:30pm in 5-10mph straight up winds and immediately hooked a lot of nice smooth thermals.   In few minutes later I reached 800ft over launch and then went to the 1st wall climbed up to 2K over launch (6500ft MSL) quickly. Dave L and Stas launched right after me and headed straight to the first wall and got really high at the 2nd wall. They disappeared in the clouds and  I think they made it to Alta.  We topped out about 6500-7000 ft MSL. Everyone agreed that it was one of the best clouds surfing Rampart days.  The conditions was friendly for hangs and bags. Smooth thermals everywhere.  It was an easy trip to the 2nd wall for everyone too.  A 2.5 hours of really fun air time for me.  I think all landed on the carrier deck LZ including those two paragliders.


No comments:

Post a Comment