Friday, January 6, 2017

1 flight 2 hrs Very chilly day at Cliffside.

Three paras and l arrived launch at 10:10am. Frozen cloud still layer below the Windmills but it's improving.  I started to walk up to launch at 10:55am after dropped off my glider and parked car by the river. The temperature at 10am is  10°F  (-12 C ) at the LZ and winds is blowing ESE 5-8mph by the river. 

Flight report: 
About half a dozen of paras and l (only hang) flew today and we all had great flights in very chilly weather at Cliffside.  The wind condition was light all day from SE and the first 4 or 5 windmills on top didn't even move. Nobody was able to bench up to the windmills, however the ridge produced enough lifts for us to play as long as we wanted. I flew from 1 to 3:05pm, it was easy to maintain 200 to 400 ft above launch and got up to 700 ft above launch a few times. The temperature was between 16° to 18°F during the two hours of my flight. The cold was tolerable with the sun out and dry climate, so it wasn't too bad. I think my face got sunburn too.  I will post video and pictures later. That's all for today! 

Video:
 




















No comments:

Post a Comment