Saturday, February 18, 2017

Hour and 15mins / Oceanside Oregon 2/18/17


Shorter video version link:

This video is including my blew launch footage and Kory landing and the end.  
Hope other pilots can learn from my mistake. 

Earlier today (around noon) I busted a downtube due to launching into too cross North winds. I launched with a right crosswind in result the left wing lift over.   Fortunately , I didn't got air born and it wasn't a cliff launch otherwise could have been much worse. It's time for me to review of my judgment and decision making.  Do not attempt to launch if the streamer is showing too cross. Be patience wait for the wind to turn more straight or fly next time.

Other than that, I had over an hour great flight at Oceanside with max altitude of about 1700 ft MSL. Paragliders Steve C , Ryan W , Benny and myself launched around 2pm in approx 10 mph WNW winds enjoying a great time soaring between Happy Camp to Oceanside.  Kory, Gabe and my Pg friend Edwin all launched later with nice soaring flights as well.
















No comments:

Post a Comment