Monday, May 1, 2017

6 hrs 2 flights at Cape Lookout on 4/30/17


Definitely the most fun day at Cape Lookout. I arrived launch at 9:30am and found more wind than expected. I setup quickly  punched off at 10:00AM and flew till 2:00PM. There was a huge amount of beach for landing between 9AM to 2:00PM due to low tide. Six hangs (Ray B, Neil C. Steve S, Mark R, Ken D, myself ) and approx 20 to 30 paras all sharing the skies at the same time. Everyone had more than couple hrs flight.

2nd flights:
The beach was completely cover with surf between 3 to 7:30PM so everybody left.  Paragliders Wendy and Nick fly again around 5PM and landed around 6:00PM. I flew again with  Steve S and Mark R after everybody left.  I launched at 6:00PM and stayed up with Steve S till 8:00PM. 


****************************
Report from Ray Berger

Good times today, best I have had at CLO in I dont know how long. Sky full of paragliders, launched before noon and flew about 2:30 hours. After flying to north point and west point a couple times , I got to 2800 a couple times and took one over the back. Flew straight down the beach and curved into Buzzards Butte about 1600. Beamed up to 3200 or so and eventually ventured down to Kiwanda at 2000 +. No hangs that I could see but plenty of paragliders learning or speed wingers? Landed at TDM after cruising back to Buzzards and then soaring TDM for about 20 minutes. Neil Clark cruised in just as I landed. Luckily, Rick came and picked us up after his 4 hour flight at CLO. What a day! Glad everybody had a good time including some first time paragliders at CLO.  Ray

Forgot to add my Flytec 6015 vario readout from today. Hang gliders Ken Dawe, back from New Zealand,  and Steve Siebel also had a good flights today. Paragliders were on this forecast like white on rice. Around high tide I showed Rick an alternative landing area we used years ago up the bay next to the hwy. Knowing Rick, he is taking a 2nd flight! Ray

To Ray,
Definitely the most fun day at CLO today. I flew again with Steve S and Mark Rabe after you left. I launched first at 6pm in almost zero wind but there was still plenty of lifts and thermals. I flew for two hours because no beach for landing until around 7:30pm.  Got total of eight hours of air times today. Steve and l just done packing up in dark. Heading back to PDX soon.

Rick

10:07pm









































































No comments:

Post a Comment