Tuesday, September 5, 2017

1hrs at Dog and 2.5hrs at Tiger Mt. 9/3 & 4


Labor Day Weekend Hang gliding at Dog and Tiger Mt  Spet 3 & 4

Sept 3rd,17 Sunday
Dog Mt (Glenoma, Washington) was very quiet today. I think less than 5 people flew.  I launched on the north side at around 5:30PM after Luis and Todd.  There wasn't much wind at launch, but once airborne it felt quite rowdy with plenty of thermals and strong sinky air mixed.  Punchy thermals were coming up from North and west side at the same time.  Maximum alitude gain was 800ft above launch over the north ridge.  Not really what l'd expected.

Sept 4th,17 Monday
Tiger Mt (Issaquah, Washington)
Since no shuttle bus were available for paragliders today,  six of us hangs  (Aaron Swepston, Kerie Swepston, Steve A, Paul A, Travis and myself) dominated Tiger Mt on this Labor Day holiday. The condition was suppressed by high pressure with increasing cloudiness / smoke and light NNE winds at launch and LZ. (0-4mph breeze). Much lighter than most forecast predicted.

I was last to launch at 3:15PM and luckily was able to stay up for 2.5 hrs at a couple hundred feet above launch most of the time. The best altitude gain was around 500-600ft over launch. I had the whole sky to myself until around 5 pm when joined by 3 paragliders who hiked up.

I also experimented using Facebook live (link below) during the last 15 minutes of my flight for the first time.  I can't see the phone screen that well and hard to control the glider with one hand, so I have no idea what I was recording. Head over to my FB to watch those footages if interested, although you might get motion sickness. 

Thanks again to Paul Dee and Rob who came out to drive for us today.

https://www.facebook.com/pdxrick.lai/videos/10155170255379285/
https://www.facebook.com/pdxrick.lai/videos/10155170216974285/








No comments:

Post a Comment