Monday, September 25, 2017

3 flights 6 hrs / Can-Am Fly In 2017 9/22 to 24 at Black Mt and Rampart Ridge

I've squeezed down 3 days (3 flights and almost 6 hours) flying video into few minutes of footage. I hope you enjoy.
Day 1 & 2 Fri and Sat at Black Mt.

  

Day 3 Sun at Rampart



Can-Am Fly In 2017 1st day. 
Day 1 Friday at Black Mountain
(Maple Falls, Washington)

Was soarable today at Black Mtn;  Jeff Beck and few hangs launched around 1pm got enough altitude to go XC. Tim Cayward and I arrived there late (after 2PM) and ended up launching around 4PM. We shared the sky with 8-10 PGs for over an hour and my maximum altitude was between 300 to 400ft above launch (5,000ft  MSL)  over the north ridge further up on the right side. I thinks people are planning to head up early tomorrow, do come early if you can.


Can-Am Fly In 2017 2nd day. 
 2nd Day Black Mountain (Maple Falls, Washington) Fly In.
Great turnout with perfect light thermic condition at Black Mt today.  I flew for two hrs and topped 900ft above launch (5500ft MSL).


Can-Am Fly In 2017 3rd day. 
 Epic flight at Rampart Ridge (Snoqualmie Pass, WA)

Four hang glider pilots (Ron, Jonas, Luis and myself) were out for the EPIC Rampart day:

Since I had two good days (Friday & Saturday) of flying at the Can-Am Black Mountain Fly-In, I've decided to leave Maple Falls, WA on Sat night to either Dog Mt or Rampart. This way I won't have to drive six hrs back home on Sunday night.  Thanks to Ron who posted on the CBCC group about flying Rampart.   It delivered even better than the forecast promised.

 We left the LZ at 12:35PM and l launched first at 2PM. The winds were blowing 5-8mph straight up at launch. Thermals were abundant from launch to the Alta Mt ( further north pass the 2nd wall).   My flight time was almost 3 hrs and it felt cold above 6,000 ft. Ron, Luis and Jonas also flew for over 2 hrs.  Altitude gains to 2,800 ft above launch (7500 MSL) after 4PM. Jonas made it to Alta Mt with his Falcon 3 and crossed the valley.  Thermals were smooth and I was able to use my phone and get on Facebook live video a few times. Still don't have phone mount and hard to see the screen in the air so probably not fun to watch. Another no whack landing day for all. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment