Friday, November 17, 2017

2.5 hrs Oceanside 11/17/17




Facebook live


Oceanside was awesome today. Ray and I had almost 3 hours flight. It was pretty light day but lifts was everywhere from back bowl to Cape Meares and Happy Camp. Ray got 1,800ft over Cape Meares and l got 1,300ft over the Back bowl. Countless trips to Happy Camp. Launch conditions was very friendly for hangs too. The winds were blowing straight up 5mph west when we launched around 12:30pm. It reminded straight west all afternoon. Just do the regular usual run from the center of the PG launch pad to get airborned. It was 90 degree cross winds whole day at the beach but plenty of room for landing.


Oceanside was awesome today.  Ray and I had almost 3 hours flight. 
Today report from paraglider Mark Sanzone:
Fabulous!  Easy soaring from morning to dark.Two hangs (Rick, Ray) and a bunch of bags (Mike C, Vince, Jay, big Nick, Alan, Gary, Sarge, Kraske, me, ?).  Lots of sunshine! 
I had my best Oceanside flight ever!  First time I have made it back after going to the lighthouse (kudos to Jay for leading the way).  I was the last to land (a few seconds after Vince) after we watched a beautiful sunset from the air.  I was up just shy of 4 hours. 
Mark



At 11:30 during high tide







No comments:

Post a Comment