Sunday, December 3, 2017

2.5 hrs Epic flight at Cape Lookout 12/03/17

 Video link coming:
https://youtu.be/iMkAnE0xXvg 


I arrived Cape Lookout States Park at 10am. Giant waves wiped out the whole entire beach due to high tide and high surf.  It was sunny , clear skies with dead calm wind at launch and Tillamook.  I went to Tillamook skatepark to do some skateboarding for couple hrs and than went back to Cape Lookout around 1:00PM

3 hangs and a dozen of bags had a great flights at Cape Lookout today. I launched right after Mark Sanzone and John Kraske (pgs) at 2pm and we went straight up. I chased Mark to the end of the Cape and North Point. Plenty of lifts and wasn't that strong either. Conditions was friendly for bags and hangs. Ray B and Ken (2 hangs) launched 30 mins after us and we all flew till sunset which around 4:45pm. Ray was always few hundred ft higher than me , our max altitude between 2500-3000ft. Excellent day at the coast.

Ray Berger report:
Amen! Super Moon flying. One step landing. I have never seen such a high Netarts Bay when I arrived about 12:15, even my bailout landing on the bay was under water. Later, we were amazed how fast the tide retreated and we all landed in front of the gazebo parking lot at sunset. Good grief, super moon! Ken Dawe showed up to show us how it's done at 70.
Mark Sanzone, John Kratzke, Rick Lai led the way and at least a dozen paragliders filtered in later. Some bailed earlier to go fly Kiwanda and Sollie but came back for the best flying at Cape Lookout today. I've flown Jan. 1st before at Cape Lookout but never in December. Good times. Ray






























No comments:

Post a Comment