Wednesday, January 23, 2019

2 hours flights at Terra Del Mar 1/23/19

 Flying sites in Pacific NorthWest:
Where to learn Hang Gliding in Pacific Northwest:
Video

Lowest save ever (raw file) & trip to Cape Kiwanda



I left Portland at 5:30 am this morning for Terra Del Mar and it rained all the way until I arrived (few miles north of Cape Kiwanda) at around 8am. The wind wasn't strong as expected (approx 8-12mph) and didn't see any white caps off shore either. I launched at 8:45 and found myself sinking (launch about 20ft high) during my 2nd or 3rd pass. Luckily l was able to bench up while flying very close to the trees. It was an easy climbed to 400 ft once getting above launch. Was able to reach between 500-600ft most of the time which allowed for cruising down to Cape Kiwanda a few times. I flew for 2.5 hrs and landed in front of the drive patch entrance. The winds were dying after I landed but there was still some beach to land after I got done packing up at 12:30pm.
Stopped by a couple sites:
CLO at 1pm. Too light , too west and no beach.
Oceanside at 1:30. Good WNW winds but no beach for landing. Started to rain again around 2pm.
Sollie at 2:30 Socked in.





































































































No comments:

Post a Comment