Sunday, February 22, 2015

2 flights 1 hour at Cliffside (near Rufus, Oregon) 02-22-15

The original forecast called for Cliffside was ESE 10-15mph but it didn’t turn out exactly like that. It were much gentle then yesterday (approx 5-8mph at the PG launch and less than 5mph at the hangs launch between 11-3pm) and than it became even more lighter and turned more to NE in the afternoon.

Since I arrived Cliffside early, I considered my options and figured that the higher launch would be a good bet so I carried my glider to the PG launch again. By the time I was ready to launch (which was around 12:45am ) Kory,Ray,Jeff and 2 others Paragliders showed up.

I launch at 1:00pm and flew with 2 bags on my first flight. We found some nice thermals mixed with light ridge lifts that took us to 600 ft above the PG launch. I landed 40mins later because those nice thermals slowly disappeared.

Ray, Kory and Jeff were still waiting at launch so I went back up to join them. Unfortunately, the condition never improve and it switched more to NE (very cross at launch) so I had a sledder on my second flight. Kory and Jeff launched first , Ray launch before me and he managed to stay above launch for a while until the wind died down and slightly turned more to NE. That all for today at Cliffside.


No comments:

Post a Comment