Friday, March 27, 2015

1 flight 2 hours at Oceanside 03-27-15

The forecast was right about the wind direction. It turned really south around 10:30am when we were ready to launch. About 6 paragraders and myself waited at launch for long time but the wind never switch back to west. So after 1.5 hrs of waiting i decided to do a cross wind launch. Wind speed was light 3-6 mph SSW so I expected a slid ride. Launch at 12:00pm.

Surprisingly, it was quite soarable and just keep climbing once I turned left right after punched off. A few minutes later I was 300ft above launch and 5 paragliders started joining me in the airs and we all works out great in the narrow lift band. The wind became stronger after an hour later and all PGs landed. The strong head wind pushed me up to 700 ft above launch for another one hours until I feel really hungry. So I had a 2 hours great flight so far for today.

The late afternoon conditions become too windy , too gusty (15-30 mph) at launch, also a pouring rain now. Fortunately, we had a great flight earlier.


No comments:

Post a Comment