Tuesday, March 29, 2016

2 flights/ 2 hrs at Sollie and Cape Lookout on 3/28/16

We went to Sollie around 2pm because there wasn't enough wind and no beach for landing at Cape Lookout. The winds conditions at Sollie wasn't perfect either. It was coming from NW 5-10mph at launch and LZ (Sollie is a south facing launch).I launched at 3pm and landed at 4:05pm. We found plenty of thermals over Sugar hill. I topped out approximately 1,500 ft AGL over Sugar Hill. I think paraglider Mark S & Peter got over 2K. Hang pilot Robin and few pgs launched later also had a nice soarable flight over Sugar. After packed up , I went to CLO with Robin hope to get a sunset flight. We didn't expect much because high tide at 5:30pm. We arrived CLO around 6pm and the winds at launch was still pretty light blowing from NNW with just a tiny narrow beach for landing. Vince , Nick (bags) and Robin (hang) launched before me and we all went straight up immediately. Magical smooth lifts everywhere..... Robin and I flew till 7:45pm. He reached over 1800ft AGL. I didn't go across the gap and got 900ft AGL. I came home around midnight so I'll post videos tomorrow. Robin camping at CLO tonight and he would like to fly again tomorrow with anyone.
Video Link: 


















No comments:

Post a Comment