Wednesday, March 23, 2016

2 hour and 15 mins Lower Peterson 3/23/16

Since I didn't want to fly alone at Newberg, I decided to join Gabe & headed out to Lower Peterson this afternoon. We arrived launch at 12:15 pm and it was already blowing 20+ mph SSW. The skies were overcast with ceiling around 3,000 ft AGL. I launched first and flew for 2 hrs and 15 mins (from 1:00pm to 3:15pm), topped out 1,850ft AGL. Gabe and Chris launched about 45 mins later,I think they flew for more than an hour. The strong SSW (about 15-18mph) winds made it quite easy to bench up to the upper launch towers. There were a few short sprinkles during our flights, beside that everything else was perfect.  Thanks Gabe for filming me with his DJI drone , I added the drone footage on my video.
Video Link: 


Thanks Gabe for filming me with his DJI Phantom 3 drone yesterday at Peterson Butte (Lebanon, Oregon). This is the full version of the drone video.



 



About flying Oceanside tomorrow (Thursday), the winds direction and strength looks really good. However, there's a super high surf (16ft / 6ft High Tides at 2:30pm) which will probably result in no beach for landing in the whole afternoon.  Yesterday at Oceanside there was a 10ft high surf and paraglider reported that there wasn't much beach for landing. Last month when I flew Oceanside with 13ft high surf , I almost landed on the water during the low tides.  You can go to my blog to re-watch that video of that day. I'm debating if I should go or not? 




No comments:

Post a Comment