Friday, October 28, 2016

2 flights 45 mins @ Cliffside 10/28/16

 Hang gliding at Cliffside (near Rufus, OR)  on Oct 28, 2016

Today at Cliffside, three hangs (Gabe , Nat and myself) and approx 20+ paragliders showed up to fly. I arrived around 8:30 am to dropped off the glider at launch and started hiking up after parking my car by the river.  The winds were zero the entire morning with cloud base  below launch level.  The sun was trying to break through a few times but barely cleared off around 11:30am with no wind at launch.  I took a sledder at 12:00 in dead calm condition and landed by the river. Thanks to Gabe for stopping by in giving me a ride back to launch.  The cloudbase was rising more and the winds were still a bit light (cycling 3-6 mph east) when we'd returned to launch. A few paragliders took sledders and others were waiting. The soarable condition came around  3:15pm and everyone soared. We all worked with some lite ridge lifts together just like last weekend with a lot of busy air traffic.   I flew for 40 mins topped out a couple hundreds ft above launch. I think the lifts got even better later but darkness arriving earlier now, can't stay to enjoy it. Today wasn't too bad, another good Cliffside day with light ridge lifts.










No comments:

Post a Comment