Monday, March 13, 2017

Dog Mt 2 flights 5/16/17

Video Link: 
 

I had two soaring flights at Dog today. First flight I was flying alone and second flight was flying with Sunny Jim (hang pilot).  It was pretty much no wind at the LZ whole day but blowing light south wind 3-5mph at launch (almost 90 degree cross wind). Fortunately, there was a lot of west straight up cycles (as you can view from my photos & video), so we didn't have to do any cross wind launch. On the first flight I launched around 11:30 and spent about an hour on the south side dancing around a bit before encountering some rocket thermals that took me up to 850ft over launch in just a few short seconds. I landed at 12:30pm and Sunny Jim arrived LZ at 1:00pm. 

The condition in the afternoon was silmlar to morning with the exception of being more cloudy. Thermals were very active whenever the sun came out.  We punched off around 3pm and it was just a repeat of the first flight and Sunny Jim sky out as well.... So I got my hike up in the morning and had two great flights. Awesome day! 










No comments:

Post a Comment