Saturday, January 27, 2018

an hour flight at Oceansid and Exploring Neahkahnie old hang gliding site 1/27/18



 

Facebook live video at Oceanside
https://www.facebook.com/pdxrick.lai/videos/10155547196289285/

Detail report here: Neahkahnie, Oceanside and CLO south report.

Thanks to Ray who provided me the info of Neahkahnie (35 miles north of Oceanside), an old hang gliding site where I'd went to check out this morning around 9 am. Winds were coming in at
 a perfect direction with guaranteed soarable conditions which made it tempting to fly. However, I passed on it since I was alone and haven't flown there before. Also, the 3 miles walk back up from beach LZ to launch was a bit too much, maybe next time. I'll post more videos and pics for later. After exploring Neahkahnie, I went back to Oceanside and had the sky to myself for 1.5 hour in smooth light wind condition.

It wasn't windy and no more rain when I arrived at 11:45 am and there was plenty of beach for landing already (high tide at 8:30 pm /low tide at 4). It was blowing approx 5-10 mph straight west by the time I punched off (@12:20 pm). I'd reached 500 ft above launch and flew down to Happy Camp when the winds started dropping quickly, so I headed back to launch. I cruised around between 50 to 200 ft above launch for a while before landing early, which gave me some time to check out the south side of Cape Lookout's launch today. The winds were almost dead calm at the beach when I landed an hour and a half later. l left Oceanside at 3 to CLO. It would've been a great day for hangs and Paras to fly Oceanside this afternoon.


Pics:
Video coming soon







j






































No comments:

Post a Comment