Tuesday, April 17, 2018

5 flights 4 hours Area B 4/17/18


 Flying sites in Pacific NorthWest: 
Where to learn Hang Gliding in Pacific Northwest: 


Area B Tuesday report:
Youtube link: https://youtu.be/ZWHpfZLERlY

Video 1 of 2

Video 2 of 2

I had left my house at 6 am with plans of flying Area B (Warrenton Oregon) first, then Oceanside in the late afternoon. Area B turned out great thanks to all the weather forecast info, I ended up at the right place again. The winds were blowing 20+ mph when I arrived at 8:30 AM; I flew solo a couple of times from 9-11,cruising back and forth from the north end to the shipwreck (approx 4 miles length). It appeared that lifts were better coming from the parking lot B to the north end, which may be due to the shape of the dunes being steeper and taller.
After the morning session, I was about ready to head down to Oceanside at around noon, when PG Eric Bloch Miller showed up. So, I decided to stayed on and fly with Eric. The winds at this time had decreased to 13-15 mph, but still plenty of lifts. It picked up again later to around 15-20mph. We had the dune to ourselves and I ended up with 2 more extra flights totaling 4 hours. The conditions were still soarable when I left around 6 pm.


















No comments:

Post a Comment