Monday, July 23, 2018

3 hrs and 15 mins flight at Dog Mt 7/22/18

Flying sites in Pacific NorthWest:
Where to learn Hang Gliding in Pacific Northwest:
 
 Dog Mountain 7/22/18 (Sunday) report:
10 hang gliders (Larry, Tina Jorgensen, Jasmine Jorgensen, Alan, Thomas Hallock, Travis, Ken Kenken, Alfredo Moreno, Ron Barbera and myself) flew Dog yesterday. Wind switched light North at 5:30 pm, but good enough thermals get up to 700ft above when I launched. Larry launched after me and we left Dog to Elk (across the lake) very quickly. Thermals seemed to die down over Dog shortly, therefore others who launched later struggled to get above launch and some sank out. Larry and I were able to maintain 3,300 ft at Elk. Larry went to The Cliffs and flew for I think couple hours with me. Magical air started happening around 7:45 pm so I told Alfredo over the radio to join us. At that time only Alfredo, Ron and myself still in the air. He came along with Ron B and we all got up to 4,000 ft. I was able to fly over to the Cliffs twice with lifty air all over the lake till sunset. I landed at 8:45 (3 hrs+ flight). Since my flight was so good last night, I've decided to head home.
 












 

No comments:

Post a Comment