Tuesday, August 14, 2018

2.5 hrs flight at Dog Mt 8/12/18

 Flying sites in Pacific NorthWest:
Where to learn Hang Gliding in Pacific Northwest:
 
 
 
 Dog was really good Sunday 8/12/18. Unfortunately, my GoPro camera ran out of juice from Friday & Saturday's flights so no pics this time.  PG Diana was first to launch at around 4pm and was followed by HG pilots: Alan, Travis, Tina, Larry, Ron B, Stas, myself and Eric O. It was overcast skies with cold air and some thermal clouds forming over the lake in front of launch on the NW side.   We found a lot of buoyant thermals over the lake under those clouds that took us up to 4,500ft. Larry made it to Morton and came back. The lifts at Elk Mt (across the lake) wasn't great, due to really weak west winds.  The trees at Elk were not moving and I had to really work on getting above highest ridge.  Larry and I got 2,800ft at Elk a few times. I didn't see any improvement after an hour later and decided to land. I was the last one (2.5 hrs. flight) to land at 7:30 pm in west direction  (w/no wind at the LZ). 


No comments:

Post a Comment